Monday 6 October 2014

Scooby-Doo Phantom Flyer

With half term falling just before Halloween, I'm on the look out for toys, crafts and books with the scare factor for my 5 year old boy and 3 year old daughter to enjoy.

Scooby-Doo Phantom Flyer

I'm proud to say, both my children are Scooby-Doo fans - something I was hesitant to introduce them to just yet - I feared it would be too scary or violent but I also kept in mind how much I loved watching Scooby-Doo as a child and how much I still enjoy things that are on the scary side! My five year old is very much into Halloween - he loves scary films (Hotel Transylvania, Paranorman and The Nightmare before Christmas are on his faves list for our Friday night film nights!) 
Scooby-Doo Phantom Flyer

I needn't have worried, both my children enjoy Scooby-Doo and I sit and watch it with them - you know, just incase anyone gets scared ;)

I was very excited to review Scooby-Doo Phantom Flyer - a brilliant hot air balloon flying toy with a Scooby-Doo pilot.

"Take Scooby on a wild ride in the Phantom Flyer! Navigate the Phantom Flyer with your hand! Watch him fly high into the air. Try and navigate it in the dark and watch the flyer spin and glow. Aimed at boys and girls aged 5+."



The packaging was easy to get into, just a bit of sticky tape to cut and a couple of wires and he's out of the box however, my pet hate, batteries are not included - this toy needed 4 AA batteries and one of those tiny screw drivers to access the compartment!
Scooby-Doo Phantom Flyer


Once the batteries are in, you simply (my 3 year old managed this bit!) place the hot air balloon on the charging station for about half an hour to charge fully.

To navigate, press the on switch underneath the basket and you hold your hand a few inches bellow - it'll follow your hand - this took a few attempts to get the hang of - the balloon doesn't move quite as fast as a five year old superhero swishy hand ;)

Scooby-Doo Phantom Flyer


One of the best features is that the hot air balloon glows in the dark! 

The phantom flyer will fly for about 5 mins on one 30min charge.

Suitable for ages 5 up, although my 3 year old enjoyed a helping hand at having a go too (she has very long hair so mostly I needed to supervise to help her keep the flyer at arms length!) 

We've all enjoyed playing with this flying toy and it's a lot simpler to navigate just using your hand than with a remote controller - a big hit in our house.

RRP £19.99
http://www.character-online.com/products/scoobydoo/Phantom-Flyer/

Emma in Bromley xx
(@beachpebble) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments

Emma x